Installing AmigaOS 3.9 on WinUAE from the AmigaOSXL CD
- create a new directory where OS3.9 should be installed to. Lets call it OS39XL.
- get LhA.run from Aminet and copy it into that directory.
- start WinUAE and create a new config:
- RAM: 2MB Chip, 32MB Z3-Fast, 4 MB RTG
- ROM file must be Version 3.1
- CPU: 68040, fastest possible, 4MB cache
- Display: windowed 640 x 512, centering horizontal and vertical, line mode doubled
- Misc: enable UAEscsi.device
- Chipset: AGA
- Sound: 100%, Stereo
- Floppies: eject all, Floppy Speed Turbo
Add Directory, volume label Workbench, choose the new OS39XL directory, Ok,
Add Directory, volume label cdrom, choose your CD-ROM drive, remove the trailing "\" from the drive letter (e.g. "D:" instead of "D:\"), Ok
- Configurations: enter a Name and click on Save.
- click on Ok to start the emulation.
- an AmigaDOS window appears.
- enter lha.run
- enter lha x cdrom:os-version3.9/os39-install.lha os39/
- cancel the ENV requester
- wait until all files are extracted from the archive.
- quit WinUAE (press Alt-F4)
- open the Windows editor and enter the following script:
os39/Workbench3.9/c/assign c: os39/Workbench3.9/c;
assign libs: os39/Workbench3.9/libs;
assign env: ram:;
- create a new directory S inside the OS39XL directory and save the script as OS39XL\S\startup-sequence
- rename startup-sequence.txt to startup-sequence (without extension !)
- start WinUAE again
- load the configuration saved above
- go to the Harddrives page and remove the cdrom drive.
- go to configurations and click on Save.
- click on Ok to boot AmigaOS.
- when the Workbench desktop appears, double click on the Workbench icon.
- choose Window -> Show -> All Files from the menu.
- open the os39 drawer and double click the Installation icon.
- when asked where to install to, choose the Workbench partition.
- when the installation has finished, before you reboot, open the Workbench icon, open Devs, DOSDrivers and Amithlon.
- click once on CD0 and choose Icons -> Information from the menu.
- change cdrom.device to uaescsi.device
- change the unit number to the unit number of your CD-ROM drive.
- click on Save.
- reboot (press Ctrl + Windows + Windows)
- choose Workbench -> Execute Command from the menu and enter newshell.
- enter the following commands:
cd "cd0:contribution/amigaos 3.9/rtg/picasso96install"
copy libs/picasso96/uaegfx.card libs:picasso96
copy devs/monitors/picasso96 devs:monitors/UAEGFX
copy devs/monitors/picasso96.info devs:monitors/UAEGFX.info
- reboot again and choose an uaegfx screen mode in the ScreenMode prefs program.
- there are lots of cleanup actions that can be done to remove all the Amithlon and AmigaXL specific stuff. This will speed up the boot time significantly.