Installation of AmigaOS 3.5 on WinUAE
- Create a directory to install OS3.5 into on your PC harddisk.
I will call it C:\WB35 in the following steps.
- Create a directory named S in it (i.e. C:\WB35\S).
- Open the Editor and enter the following script:
cdrom:emergency-boot/c/assign c: cdrom:emergency-boot/c;
assign libs: cdrom:emergency-boot/libs;
assign locale: cdrom:emergency-boot/locale;
assign env: ram:;
assign t: ram:;
- Save it as WB3.5\S\startup-sequence
- Enclose the name in quotation marks, so the editor does not append ".txt" to it.
If you missed this, rename the file from startup-sequence.txt to
startup-sequence (without extension).
- Start WinUAE and create a new configuration. The following options should be set:
Chip: 2 MB
Z3-Fast: 32 MB
ROM File: kick31.rom (Kickstart version 3.1)
Cache size: 4MB
- Hard Drives
- Add Directory...
Volume Label: Workbench
- Add Directory...
Volume Label: cdrom
Path: D: (the CD-ROM drive. The path must not have a "\" in the end.)
Enter a new name and save the configuration.
- Start the emulator with Ok.
- Open the CD-ROM icon and install AmigaOS 3.1
- Start the AmigaOS 3.5 installation and install the CD-ROM driver.
When you are asked for the device name, enter uaescsi.device.
The unit number has to be determined from the WinUAE log before the installation.
- Press F12 and remove the CD-ROM drive from the Hard Drives list.
- Return to the emulator with Ok and hold down Ctrl-Windows-Windows to restart the Amiga.
- Start the AmigaOS 3.5 installation again and perform the pre-installation.
- Execute the main-installation. No reboot is necessary between the pre-
- Open the drawer Contributions on the CD and install Picasso96.
The printer patch must not be installed.
- Restart the Amiga with Ctrl-Windows-Windows.
- Open the drawer Prefs on the Workbench and adjust the preferences as you like.
With ScreenMode you can choose an UAEGFX screen mode in order to use the graphics card.